top of page
Photo of two children with special needs.


From estate administration to guardianship, we're here to help you navigate the probate process.


Were you named as the executor of a loved-one's will or are you seeking to submit a friend's will to the probate court process? When a person dies with a valid will in place, they are legally regarded as having died testate (with a will). The good news is that they have provided guidance regarding their final wishes. Still, it is not uncommon for an executor to feel frustrated or confused when trying to figure out probate procedures.

We understand how it can feel to be left to manage an estate after losing a friend or relative. Each client is different. Some executors may seek our guidance in tendering the will to the probate court then handle the rest themselves. Others desire our assistance to ensure they satisfy the reporting requirements of the court or that we have a more involved role in administering the estate. Whatever your situation, and however much assistance you may need, we're here to help every step of the way.


Did your friend or loved-one die without a will? When a person dies without a will in place, they are legally regarded as having died intestate (without a will). Still, their estate may be subject to the Georgia probate process, especially if they have a surviving spouse, children, or grandchildren. 


Intestate procedures vary from testate procedures, because there is no will naming an executor. When there is no will, the probate court must appoint an administrator of the estate whose duties are very similar to those of an estate executor. Instead of being distributed according to the terms of a will, the decedent's property will be distributed pursuant to the Georgia probate code.

Sound complicated and confusing? It can be, but our probate attorney is here to help when you need it most. Based in Griffin, Georgia, we assist clients with intestate estate administration in Spalding, Pike, Upson, Fayette, Butts, Henry, Clayton, and other counties throughout the state.


Guardianship of children may be provided for in one's will, but a guardian also may be appointed by the probate court. This situation often arises where a person has special needs or becomes unable to manage their healthcare, financial, and life decisions in their own best interest. Sometimes, they need protection from others who may seek to take advantage of their circumstances.

We believe that everyone should have an advocate to assist them when they are unable to advocate for themselves. We also believe in protecting those with special needs from the effects of inadequate medical care and financial abuse. If you believe your friend or loved-one requires a guardian to look out for their best interests, then call our Griffin probate attorney. The consultation is free, and we're here to help.

bottom of page